BHA is affiliated to Aikido Yuishinkai International headed by Koretoshi Maruyama Sensei. In 2004 Maruyama Sensei and the Chief Instructor of Aikido Yuishinkai International Michael Williams Sensei visited the UK as part of Maruyama's world tour for that year. After the visit he awarded BHA's Principal Geoff Flather Sensei the rank of 7th Dan. As a result of BHA's affiliation to Aikido Yuishinkai the association's name was changed to Banyu Hatten Aikido Yuishinkai.
Banyu Hatten Aikido Yuishinkai's stated aims are:
- To cultivate a heightened awareness of mind and body working in harmony through Banyu Hatten Aikido;
- To cultivate a greater awareness of the infinite through practice of calmness, relaxation and Ki power;
- To provide its students with a means to achieve good health through mind and body exercises;
- To provide its students with a non-aggressive, progressive grading syllabus that may be used as an effective form of defence;
- To pursue unity and develop within Aikido, without barriers of the mind.